Back from the grave


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



So it’s been a long time since I have posted. I will try and use the somewhat lame excuse that throughout the school year, I really didn’t have much spare time. However, if truth be told, I really just chose to spend my time on more interesting activities. That having been said, summer is here, and while I still have more interesting things I could be doing, they all require a lot of work, and I am feeling somewhat lazy this afternoon. As a result, I am going to treat my faithful readers to an update on the highlight’s of my past two weekends.

Last weekend being Memorial Day weekend, I decided it would be a good time to get a new guitar. My old one was wearing out, and not worth the money it would cost to repair it. Therefore, I spent Saturday down in Denver checking out the three local Guitar Centers. After deciding on my two favorite guitars, I went back to Fort Collins to relax on Sunday. Then, bright and early Monday morning I went down to the best of the Guitar Centers to take advantage of their super Memorial Day sale. Having noticed that neither of the guitars I had picked out were on that much of a sale, and that neither were quite as cool as I had remembered them, I started playing several other guitars. About an hour and a half later, I walked out of there the proud owner of a new faded Gibson Flying-V. Since then, almost all of my free time has been spent playing it, and it has proven to be totally awesome.

After getting home later that morning, I took of for Vedauwoo Wyoming with my bike strapped to the back of my car. I had forgotten how beautiful that area of Wyoming is. It was a really fun ride, especially given all of the slick rock there is to ride there. There is nothing like flying down a hill on slick rock, not being able to stop cause every bump sends you flying, but not being able to go full out cause you know there is a pretty sharp curve at the bottom, followed by a steep incline you need a lo of momentum for. Riding there was definitely a blast.

Well, a week went by at work (admittedly a short week). In the middle of that week, my new computer came, which was really sweet. Then on Saturday, after spending some more time setting up stuff on the computer, I took off to railfan the Moffett Road (the former D&RGW line west of Denver). I started at a place where the train does a loop almost passing over its self, as seen in the photo below. That is one train, with a helper engine at the end pushing it up the hill. I went on to chase the train into the mountains. I was able to catch it again at this sweet spot in the middle of the mountains. It required a little scrambling to get to this place, but it was definitely worth it. I only wish I had been there earlier in the afternoon. Anyways, it was a totally awesome day of railfanning. Well, that is all for now folks. Tune in next time to here Andrew say: …. “Bother blogging. It is boring and pointless, and it wastes time when I could be biking or playing the guitar. I quit.”


0 Responses to “Back from the grave”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


Identification
  • Name: Andrew
  • Location: Lafayette, Indiana, United States
  • I hate questions like this.
  • My profile
Archives
Archives
Links
ATOM 0.3